Marilyn Monroe Rolex Watch



Marilyn Monroe Rolex Watch


Wow! I couldn't even suppose the Rolex watch could bring so much money...I have some friends who admire Rolex. They sent me interesting news about it. It concerns one of the greatest and legendary women Marilyn Monroe.

I'm eager to tell you the details. So, she presented Kennedy with two gifts: the first gift was seen by everybody. I mean the world-known song she performed: "Happy Birthday, mr. President". I am 100 per cent sure you know what I'm talking about...But till the present moment almost nobody knew about her second gift.

It turns out that the great actress presented him a Rolex watch with the inscription "Jack, with love as always from Marilyn May 29th 1962."

The watch was packed in a golden watchcase with the following poem: "Let lovers breathe their sighs/ And roses bloom and music sound/ Let passion burn on lips and eyes/ And pleasures merry world go round/ Let golden sunshine flood the sky/ And let me love/ Or let me die!"

But because of a small nuance that Kennedy was married, he ordered to save him from that gift.

It's funny but the person empowered kept the watch that's why it was recently sold by auction.

Have you already managed to imagine the price? Approximately at least? So, it is $ 120, 000! Not bad, how do you think?

From the beginning auctioneers valued it at $ 40-60 000. But the estimation was wrong, as we can see.

It's also known that an American and a European collector were the main opponents. Finally a person from the USA won.

I guess the collector who purchased this watch was really more in love with the fabulous actress than with the watch itself! Maybe, I should gift my own Rolex to a celebrity to become a celebrity some time as well? Must think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment